Ever wonder how medical students at JABSOM learn? Come join us for the problem-based learning (PBL) demo and you’ll find out! This workshop is an introduction to PBL, which is a core component of the JABSOM curriculum and other medical schools within the nation.
Where? JABSOM Medical Education Building, 3rd Floor
When? Sunday, 1/25/15, 10:30AM-2:00PM
- An introduction session will be led by Dr. Damon Sakai, Director of Medical Education (and a fantastic teacher).
- Students will break out into small sessions. You will be split into small groups and will work on a sample PBL case. There will be one or two medical student tutors there to guide you along the case.
- What better way to learn PBL than to practice it? For anyone who has already been to a PBL demo, this will be an entirely new case, so we encourage you to attend even if it will be your second or seventh time.
- FREE FOOD! Food will be provided at a short mixer after you complete the case. During this time, feel free to ask the medical students any questions you may have regarding PBL or medical school in general.
- We encourage anyone who is thinking of applying to JABSOM to attend this workshop. Knowing about PBL and how it works will help you in your application and interview process (and may help you decide if JABSOM is right for you).
RSVP by submitting this form by January 24, 2015.