We are here for you.
Seriously. We can relate. We’ve been there.
Know this: we didn’t get into medical school all by ourselves. We had mentors that were (and continue to be) a large part of our growth as future physicians.
“We know exactly what it’s like to be a pre-med.”
- Be paired with a current JABSOM medical student mentor who will provide advice, guidance, and support
- Access to medical school workshops lead by medical students and physicians
- Monthly e-mail newsletters with general advice for applying to medical school
- Develop and enhance your communication skills
- Expand your professional network through meeting future physicians and other healthcare professionals
What do I need to do as a mentee?
Having a mentor is like having an anchor — someone to put concerns at rest, someone to chat with when there are too many decisions to make or things seem too stressful.
While all our mentors are busy JABSOM medical students, please know that each of them have volunteered to be a MSMP mentor out of the goodness of their heart and will do their best to set aside time to help you. As a mentee, we simply ask for the following:
- You are not a current medical student
- Be proactive, enthusiastic, and don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- Contact mentor at least once per month (e.g. e-mail, phone, or face-to-face meeting)
- At least one face-to-face meeting with your mentor during the academic year
- Do not lose contact with your mentor
Let’s do this! How do I sign up?
To become a mentee, please submit your information to us via our Application Page. After completing the application, you should receive an email confirmation (if you do not, please contact us). Further information will be included in the confirmation email you receive.
- Submit the MSMP Contract to us at email@example.com or to the UHM PAC office
- Pay the annual membership fee
- See options on how to submit your membership fee and contract in the section below
Please understand that annual membership fees are what allow us to continue providing you with those awesome workshops and tasty food! We are not a for-profit organization. Rates have been adjusted based on location and reflect the frequency at which events are offered.
How do I submit my contract and membership fee?
Select your island:
Annual membership fee is $20.00.
There are 3 options for contract and payment submission:
NOTE: Please make all checks payable to “Medical Student Mentorship Program”
- In person: If you attend the University of Hawaii at Manoa, your contract and membership dues can be dropped off (either cash or check) in an envelope labeled with your name at the Pre-Medical Advising Center (PAC), located at Sinclair Room 108. They usually start collecting dues for MSMP during the first week of the UHM Fall Semester.
- By mail: Send your contract and membership dues in either cash or check by mail (you can also send your MSMP contract along with it) to the following address:
Medical Student Mentorship Program
Attn: Sagar Shah
651 Ilalo St
Honolulu, HI 96813-5534
- Online: You may pay online via Paypal by clicking on the button below. With this option, note that there is a $0.75 processing fee. You can also submit a scanned copy of your contract electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual membership fee is $5.00.
Please submit your payment in either cash or check to the Aspiring Doctors of Hilo, NOT MSMP. All checks should be made payable to “The Aspiring Docs”. Please turn in your dues to the Aspiring Doctors of Hilo meeting or contact them to arrange another method of submission.
Please either submit your contract to an ADH officer or email to email@example.com.
There is no membership fee for students on Maui.
Please submit your contract through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding payment options, feel free to contact us!