We are here for you.
Seriously. We can relate. We’ve been there.
Know this: we didn’t get into medical school all by ourselves. We had mentors that were (and continue to be) a large part of our growth as future physicians.
“We know exactly what it’s like to be a pre-med.”
- Be paired with a current JABSOM medical student mentor who will provide advice, guidance, and support
- Access to medical school workshops lead by medical students and physicians
- Monthly e-mail newsletters with general advice for applying to medical school
- Develop and enhance your communication skills
- Expand your professional network through meeting future physicians and other healthcare professionals
We also offer the option of being an MSMP mentee without being paired with a mentor. If you prefer this, simply let us know in your application!
What do I need to do as a mentee?
Having a mentor is like having an anchor — someone to put concerns at rest, someone to chat with when there are too many decisions to make or things seem too stressful.
While all our mentors are busy JABSOM medical students, please know that each of them have volunteered to be a MSMP mentor out of the goodness of their heart and will do their best to set aside time to help you. As a mentee, we simply ask for the following:
- You are not a current medical student
- Be proactive, enthusiastic, and don’t be afraid to ask questions!
- Contact mentor at least once per month (e.g. e-mail, phone, or video chat)
- At least one
face-to-facevideo chat meeting with your mentor during the academic year
- Do not lose contact with your mentor
Note: If you are unable to fulfill any of these responsibilities, you will be removed as an MSMP mentee without exception. There is a high demand for mentors and your spot will be given to another mentee on the waitlist.
Let’s do this! How do I sign up?
To become a mentee, please submit your information to us via this form. After completing the application, you should receive an email confirmation (if you do not, please contact us).
Please note that the deadline to apply to be a mentee has been extended to September 15, 2022 at 11:59PM.
NOTE: Due to the continued COVID-19 pandemic, we will still be waiving membership fees for SY 2022-2023